Cupid’s arrow pointed me to the DFW Auto Show to find a new love for 2018. Spend Valentine’s Weekend finding a new car crush.
Browse half-million square feet of new cars, trucks and SUVs. Talk with the manufacturer’s representatives, slide behind the driver’s seat or take one out for a spin at the DFW Auto Show Ride and Drive Event.
DFW Auto Show Details
DFW Auto Show
Kay Baily Hutchison Convention Center
650 S. Griffin
Wednesday through Sunday, February 14 to 18, 2018
Wednesday: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- $14 for adults
- $7 for senior citizens 65 and older
- $7 for children 6 to 12 years old; children 5 and under admitted free
- $10 for active and retired Military members (ID is required)
Getting to the Show
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center is located at 650 S. Griffin in downtown Dallas. Parking is available in the Convention Center parking garage ($15) and surrounding lots. Please note that C Hall Parking Lot between Griffin and Lamar will be closed for the Ride & Drive event.
The DFW Auto Show has partnered with Spot Hero, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow visitors to purchase guaranteed parking at many convenient locations near the convention center for the DFW Auto Show.
Once purchased, parking passes are emailed instantly and guarantee you access to your selected location. Parking is very limited and locations fill up, so we strongly recommend that you reserve your 100% guaranteed parking space now.
Get Free Tickets to the DFW Auto Show
DFW Auto Show Ride and Drive Event
Take a car out for a spin. It’s my favorite part of attending an Auto Show.
This year the DFW Auto Show offers the following manufacturers.
FCA–Fiat, Chrysler, Ram
DFW Auto Show VIP Experience
Ticket price: $50
Limited to the first 100 guests. VIP Experience tickets may be purchased online only. Tickets only may be used on the day for which they are purchased. Saturday or Sunday admission only.
- Enter early to the Show on Saturday, February 17 or Sunday, February 18, at 9 a.m.
- Guided Tour*
- Photo behind the wheel of a featured high-end vehicle. Guests must use their own cameras.*
- DFW Auto Show Swag Bag
- VIP Experience Badge
*Please note that the guided tour will begin at 9 a.m. sharp. Photos may only be taken behind the wheel of the featured high-end vehicle from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. for the day you purchase your ticket(s).
Why attend an Auto Show
If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, the local Auto Show should be your first stop. And here’s why:
- Get an overview what’s the new in the industry-from safety to style.
- Shop brands efficiently and effectively without the pressure of sales people.
- Have some fun. I test drove a stick shift convertible just because.
- Sit in all types of vehicles. Try on that convertible, slide into the luxury SUV.
- Find a new car crush. A totally out-of-your-league dream. That’s until you win the lotto the same day as the kids get full-ride scholarships.
What’s New at Toyota
While I’m exploring the DFW Auto Show Toyota will find its way to the top of my must see list. Since I’ve driven a Toyota for over 20 years, it’s proven its value and reliability to me.
Toyota have roots in Texas. With a new Toyota headquarters in Dallas/Fort Worth, the design team isn’t far from one of its assembly plants. Toyota trucks are manufactured just south of San Antonio.
The Redesigned Toyota Camry
Not ever family needs an SUV some desire the efficiency and style of a sedan. Toyota Camry offers a total redesign for 2018, including its hybrid model.
- Best-Selling Car in America for the last 16 years
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense-P
- New Emotionally-Charged Design and Performance Experience
- Aggressive Exterior Character Lines and Low Center of Gravity
The All New 2018 C-HR
As a new crossover to the Toyota line-up, the C-HR offers a more compact option to the popular Rav4 and Highlander crossovers.
- Bold Style Signals New Direction in Toyota Design
- Sharp Handling
- Includes Two Toyota-First Features: Driver Distraction Secure Audio and Brake Hold Function
- Only Vehicle in Its Segment with Standard Pre-Collision System with Active Braking
- Standard 18-in. Alloy Wheels, Dual-Zone Climate Control, Bucket Seating and 7-in. Audio Display
This post was sponsored by Toyota and the DFW Auto Show.